Belfast, Northern Ireland Climate & Temperature
- Belfast, Northern Ireland, Uk is at 54°38'N, 6°13'W, 80 m (262 ft). See map.
- Belfast, Northern Ireland has a marine west coast climate that is mild with no dry season, warm summers. Heavy precipitation occurs during mild winters which are dominated by mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Belfast, Northern Ireland is situated in or near the cool temperate moist forest biome.
- The mean temperature is 9.1 degrees Celsius (48.4 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 10.5 °C (18.9°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype barely hyperoceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 6.7°C (44°F) on average falling to 2.3°C (36.2°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 12°C (53.6°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 4.3°C (39.8°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 18°C (64.4°F) and average low temperatures are 10.3°C (50.6°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 12.7°C (54.8°F) during the day and lows of 6.7°C (44°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 846 mm (33.3 inches) which is equivalent to 846 Litres/m² (20.75 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 1285 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Belfast, Northern Ireland you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Nugget Point, New Zealand (Cool temperate desert scrub biome).
Belfast, Northern Ireland Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Belfast, Northern Ireland Climate Graph in Metric Units
Belfast, Northern Ireland Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Belfast, Northern Ireland, Uk Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Topic: Climate of Belfast, Northern Ireland, Uk
Lue Ciffer says...
4th July 2014 5:03pm
Page 1 of 1
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Tiree, Uk - 209.9 kms (130.5 miles) N
- Malin Head, Ireland - 106.9 kms (66.4 miles) NW
- Ballykelly, Northern Ireland, Uk - 69.1 kms (42.9 miles) NW
- Belfast-Aldergrove, Uk - 1.6 kms (1 miles) NNW
- Belmullet, Ireland - 249.5 kms (155.1 miles) W
- Clones, Ireland - 80.9 kms (50.3 miles) SW
- Collooney, Sligo, Ireland - 153.5 kms (95.4 miles) WSW
- Claremorris, Ireland - 207.8 kms (129.1 miles) WSW
- Dublin, Ireland - 135.3 kms (84.1 miles) S
- Birr, Offaly, Ireland - 205.8 kms (127.9 miles) SSW
- Kilkenny, Ireland - 238.9 kms (148.4 miles) SSW